The higher your blogs rank in searches across search engines, the more traffic you will get to your site. One of the ways to increase your ranking is to have good SEO. Their are several factors which determine the SEO of your individual blog posts. Follow this criteria, and watch as your SEO improves.
Do your research
- Keyword research is essential for page optimization.
- The Google Adwords Keyword Tool offers great tools that allow you to find keywords related to your topic as well as keeping an eye on competitors to see what words and phrases they target to bring traffic to their sites.
- Example for keywords: “Raw dog food”
Utilize keywords throughout your post/articles
- Target valuable and relevant keywords and place them where they will have the most impact on individuals.
- They are best suitable for titles, headings and subheadings, introductory sentences and concluding paragraphs as well as anchor texts (which are hyperlinked to related pages on your site)
- Important: Don’t engage in keyword stuffing which is basically filling your content with too many keywords that makes it difficult to read.
Optimise your images
- When uploading an image, include keywords in the file name and fill the alternative text with a brief but keyword-rich description of the image.
Reference others with links
- When mentioning another article or website in your post, include a link to the information you are referencing. This is recognized as good blogging etiquette and you may get a link back.
- Quality links are a valuable commodity for any site looking to rank higher in search engine results pages.
Give site-visitors the opportunity to subscribe to your site
- This offers viewers the ability to subscribe to your posts via email when possible and allows them to get instant notifications of your latest updates without having to periodically check your website for new content.
Image by: Designed by Freepik